photo HearttoHeartHeader4-01-1_zps9bba74cb.png

4.02.2012

crock pot chicken taco chili

as i prepare myself for life as a domesticated woman, i figured i should share some recipes in hopes of encouraging everyone that if i can cook, you can cook! 

tonight i made this recipe in the crock pot, and it was a hit.
thanks gina and pinterest!
mr. lesley had two bowls, and we even had some to freeze for later. 
double bonus.

Ingredients: 

 1 onion, chopped 
1 16-oz can black beans 
1 16-oz can kidney beans
 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
 1 packet taco seasoning 
1 tbsp cumin
 1 tbsp chili powder (i left this out since neither of us are spice weaklings)
 24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts
 chili peppers, chopped (optional) (yeah, we passed on this too)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (and i forgot to add this...whoops)

Directions: 
 Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream. 
(we ate ours with tortilla chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese!) 

this recipe was simple, delicious, and made my apartment smell like i actually knew how to cook.

winning.

10 comments:

  1. that looks so yummy! now if only I could convince peter that tacos and/or chili is delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to make and eat this immediately. looks absolutely delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so good! Bookmarking this one for later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, I must eat this.

    P.S. I know I've been MIA. I swear I've been working on the invite for our picnic. I'm behind. I'll email you soon and explain everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks SUPER good.

    I think I will be making this soon. I've got a huge soft spot for chili and anything made via crock-pot is instantly my friend.

    YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip, Courtney.

    If only I had a crockpot...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!It was delicious, I love an explosion of flavors looks excellent! I’ll definitely have to try this… thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete