photo HearttoHeartHeader4-01-1_zps9bba74cb.png

5.20.2010

we made it!

i got the best 25th birthday present ever today...
i completed my first year of teaching!

phew.
there were many, many moments where i didn't know if we would make it (my students included)!
but we survived.

i was beyond excited to be able to capture our last couple of days together with my new camera.
i really have come to love all these precious faces
and i'm so happy i'll be around to see them next year.

here are some shots of my little darlings...
class by class first.

1st hour (7th grade)- along with my coffee, they were the perfect way to start the day

Photobucket

then came 2nd hour (6th grade)-
God definitely taught me patience through them

Photobucket

3rd hour (6th grade)- how could any teacher ever complain about a class of 8 (one girl was missing)
they were a breath of fresh air

Photobucket

4th hour (7th graders)-
we had a love/hate relationship
but they truly stole my heart

Photobucket

6th period (6th graders)-
definitely the class with the most personality

Photobucket

then came the photo opps...

Photobucket

and a dream come true...
co-teaching with kari
(there is no way i would have made it through the year without her. words cannot express my love)

we read "oh, the places you will go" by dr. seus
love it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

and the end of the year carnival/field day...
i told all my kids they planned the whole day just to celebrate my birthday.
i think they secretly believed me:)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

FAVORITE PICTURES EVER.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

dear students,
thank you for teaching me more than i could ever have taught you.
your resilience and strength inspired me every single day.
thank you for letting me be just a small part of your lives.
please don't forget about me when you become big 7th and 8th graders.
my door is always open.

love always,
miss d.

p.s. readers are leaders.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I was one of your students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are an amazing teacher. I am so lucky to have you with me on this journey. GREAT pics.

    I love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete