photo HearttoHeartHeader4-01-1_zps9bba74cb.png

11.14.2012

my village.

this past weekend was kinda the best ever. 

 not only did i get to fly to new york city...
but i also got to eat breakfast saturday morning with some of my favorite friends...
and spend the day with my sister, brother in law, and the best niece and nephew on the planet...
and reunite with mr. lesley's side of the family to celebrate the wedding of jeff and tony in our snazziest threads...
and wander through central park before flying back to denver...
but i got to do it all with mr. lesley by my side.

looking through these pictures makes my heart so very full...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
trips like these make me so grateful for my "village." 

the people who have come into my life and whether blood relatives or not, create a sense of home and belonging inside my soul that i carry with me constantly.

in a world that seems very broken sometimes, it is the people who accept us unconditionally, throw out all the stops to celebrate with us, give of themselves without restraint, and walk through the best and worst times of our lives with us, that make this journey valuable beyond measure.

i hope you have a similar sense of belonging in a "village" of your own.
a group of people who make you feel at home no matter where you are.
constant reminders that you are loved.

p.s. mr. lesley is officially home.
like, in denver, in our apartment, with me! 
and all the people rejoice.

3 comments:

  1. he's back! he's back! now, let's go on a double date :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post so very much. I can't get these lines out of my head: in a world that seems very broken sometimes, it is the people who accept us unconditionally, throw out all the stops to celebrate with us, give of themselves without restraint, and walk through the best and worst times of our lives with us, that make this journey valuable beyond measure.

    Thanks for this, friend! Cheers to village people! (oh, wait...I don't think I meant it like that...well, you know what I mean! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Mr. Lesley, hey. Let's hang out sometime!

    ReplyDelete